M1 Helmet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system.

4 posters

Go down

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. Empty Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system.

Post  peter Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:19 am

Here an apparently normal combat nylon liner..

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. M1helm155

This is an average liner as used from the early 1970's until late 1980's made by Marmac...

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. M1helm162

...however: it has an clearly different type of suspension system! This system is developed during the LINCLOE ( Lightweight Individual Clothing And Equipment ) program ( 1965-'73 ) and was part of an effort to improve the stability and comfort of equipment and the M1 helmet. This type of suspension consists of plastic, leather and lots of hook-and-pile tape and is named after its inventors. This type of suspension never saw general use. Enjoy! Wink
peter
peter

Back to top Go down

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. Empty Re: Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system.

Post  sgtdorango Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Now thats a seldom seen liner!!!!!....how did you obtain that fine specimen?.........mike What a Face
sgtdorango
sgtdorango

Back to top Go down

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. Empty Re: Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system.

Post  peter Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 pm

I was lucky that day, I bought this helmet along with other M1 liners on Ebay. Among those liners was a Westinghouse paraliner, and a Seaman Paper co. liner Cool . Pure luck, because the reason I've bought these liners was the one pictured above!

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. M1davisengarand025wp3

This is what I've received that day ( M1C Helmetshell not included, but it is now completed with the Westinghouse paraliner. ).. Smile I am very happy with these liners. More to come on this forum in the future!
peter
peter

Back to top Go down

Post  sgtdorango Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Holy shnikies!!!.....thats what I call the luckiest day ever!!!!.......please lets see more of that para liner and M1C when you get a chance!!!!.....mike Shocked
sgtdorango
sgtdorango

Back to top Go down

Post  peter Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Here you go!

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. Dsc00449

It is in a pretty salty state, and I had to repair a small part which can be seen by the blackened brass A-washers which aren't corroded like the other A-washers. I did this on purpose so that there can't be any doubt about the authenticity of this helmet. This the type of M1C which is much discusssed, WW2 or not... It's Korea used but defenately WW2 manufacture...

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. Westinghouse508regiment

...just like this 508'er. But this is a bit offtopic, I'm afraid...
peter
peter

Back to top Go down

Post  sgtdorango Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Wow thats nice!!....just the way I like them!.....that 508 is a looker too....feel free to show that one off too!!.....mike Shocked
sgtdorango
sgtdorango

Back to top Go down

Post  peter Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:19 am

I will post some more pictures of the 508'er, and more... Wink
peter
peter

Back to top Go down

Nylon combat liner with Welson-Davies suspension system. Empty ,

Post  37thguy Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Nice haul Peter!
37thguy
37thguy

http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=808952

Back to top Go down

Post  peter Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 pm

I am very happy with those liners, and if I'm lucky tomorrow i'll add a Airborne Westinghouse liner to my collection! Smile
peter
peter

Back to top Go down

Post  gaz232sqn Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:23 am

Wow, great haul.

I like the LINCLOE, i was only looking at one these examples in a book recently,and thinking, I bet those are rarer than hen's teeth,and you got one.....nice one Smile
gaz232sqn
gaz232sqn

http://gary.bickeil@sky.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down