M1 Helmet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alright, found camera charger... here we go.

5 posters

Go down

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Empty Alright, found camera charger... here we go.

Post  ClaptonIsGod Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Ok, let's try and post some pictures of my collection here.
Let me know if any closeups are wanted.

Current photo of BILLY bookcase from Ikea.

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1110

PASGT with desert scheme cover and cat eye band which sits atop this bookcase. Cover on this fit like a glove, unlike the other one.. Sad

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1111

I'm pretty proud of the top shelf of this cabinet, overall I think it came out looking pretty nicely.

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1112

My favorite shelf:

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1113

Recent VN helmet eBay find

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1114

Other cabinet, top shelf is a memorial/dedication to my grandfather. Has his crusher w/ AAF insignia, one of his original patches, a scan of his DD214, picture of some of us with him before his passing, JWV garrison cap, medals I have picked up to fill the gap until replacements from St. Louis come, and a metal cigarette case he got while in India (He was in 14th AF 1944-45).

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1115

Top of this cabinet, mint 80s PASGT with poorly fitting MarPat civ cover and a Marine baseball cap (or cover Smile )

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1116

Homemade OD painted uniform rack, you'll most likely see one of these items with a accompanying PASGT or M1 in the not too distant future.

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1117

I disassembled my monstrosity of a mannequin, because he was, well, a monstrosity, too big for ANYTHING, so I am going to make a stand for his torso and he will be good for uniforms and crushers, helmets, etc.

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Cimg1118

Last edited by ClaptonIsGod on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Worked fine until picture of the mannequin)
ClaptonIsGod
ClaptonIsGod

Back to top Go down

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Empty liner on favorite shelf

Post  37thguy Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Is that liner an unfinished example? Who made it?
37thguy
37thguy

http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=808952

Back to top Go down

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Empty Re: Alright, found camera charger... here we go.

Post  ClaptonIsGod Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm

37thguy wrote:Is that liner an unfinished example? Who made it?

Indeed it is, it is a MSA I picked up on eBay for $15 quite some time ago. I posted it over on the USMF, I will search for the thread. What I find special about it is that even though it was probably a factory defect, it wasn't destroyed or turned into a child's toy.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42668&hl=popcorn

I was slightly giddy upon winning it lol!
ClaptonIsGod
ClaptonIsGod

Back to top Go down

Alright, found camera charger... here we go. Empty Re: Alright, found camera charger... here we go.

Post  Tidji67 Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 am

Nice display and helmets collection, and I like your M1 Garand Very Happy
Tidji67
Tidji67

http://www.liberationlure.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  37thguy Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 pm

ClaptonIsGod wrote:
37thguy wrote:Is that liner an unfinished example? Who made it?

Indeed it is, it is a MSA I picked up on eBay for $15 quite some time ago. I posted it over on the USMF, I will search for the thread. What I find special about it is that even though it was probably a factory defect, it wasn't destroyed or turned into a child's toy.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42668&hl=popcorn

I was slightly giddy upon winning it lol!

Very nice! I don't think I'd pay a lot for one but it would be a nice addition to the collection!

Giddy is GOOD!
37thguy
37thguy

http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=808952

Back to top Go down

Post  helmetlove Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Very nice collection...worth the wait.The liner that is upside down,is it shaped to be a bowl for eating out of?.. Embarassed sorry in advance if this is a repeat question or I am a moron Shocked
helmetlove
helmetlove

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaptonIsGod Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 pm

helmetlove wrote:Very nice collection...worth the wait.The liner that is upside down,is it shaped to be a bowl for eating out of?.. Embarassed sorry in advance if this is a repeat question or I am a moron Shocked

No such thing as a moronic question in this hobby, look at the link in my other post, and read 37thguy and my conversation, it is a factory defect that was never thrown out and or turned into a child's toy. Someone at US Militaria Forum said it would be good for popcorn lol!
ClaptonIsGod
ClaptonIsGod

Back to top Go down

Post  helmetlove Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:53 pm

ClaptonIsGod wrote:
helmetlove wrote:Very nice collection...worth the wait.The liner that is upside down,is it shaped to be a bowl for eating out of?.. Embarassed sorry in advance if this is a repeat question or I am a moron Shocked

No such thing as a moronic question in this hobby, look at the link in my other post, and read 37thguy and my conversation, it is a factory defect that was never thrown out and or turned into a child's toy. Someone at US Militaria Forum said it would be good for popcorn lol!
Smile Thanks for clearing the confusion,once I clicked the link I remembered seeing&reading about it at USMF.
helmetlove
helmetlove

Back to top Go down

Post  sgtdorango Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 pm

It would also make a great cereal bowl!!.......mike Shocked
sgtdorango
sgtdorango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum