M1 Helmet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Helmet display....wall o' helmets

+5
37thguy
man860
helmetlove
ClaptonIsGod
sgtdorango
9 posters

Go down

My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Empty My Helmet display....wall o' helmets

Post  sgtdorango Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Figured I would start the ball rolling in the display section with my very own Wall O' Helmets!!...this pic is a few months old and I will have to update soon, pretty simple wood shelves with helmets alternately placed on my homemade helmet stands and backdrops for effect!....lets see your displays too!!....mike
Shocked
My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Pictur10
sgtdorango
sgtdorango

Back to top Go down

My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Empty Re: My Helmet display....wall o' helmets

Post  ClaptonIsGod Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 pm

sgtdorango wrote:Figured I would start the ball rolling in the display section with my very own Wall O' Helmets!!...this pic is a few months old and I will have to update soon, pretty simple wood shelves with helmets alternately placed on my homemade helmet stands and backdrops for effect!....lets see your displays too!!....mike
Shocked
My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Pictur10

Alright, I'll throw mine in too. These are several months old, and I have mor ehelmets and displayed differently, but my camera is dead and I can't for the life of me currently find the charger. When I find it I will put updated photos up.
I use the Ikea DETOLF cabinets, the store is right next to you Mike, but for me it's a bit of a trek! lol!
I also use the BILLY cabinet, as seen in this photo with my junkier helmets on it.
My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Cimg0710

The Detolf

Second one.

EDIT: Sigh, it keeps bugging when I try and post it.

Last edited by ClaptonIsGod on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong photo for 2nd DETOLF)
ClaptonIsGod
ClaptonIsGod

Back to top Go down

My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Empty Re: My Helmet display....wall o' helmets

Post  helmetlove Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:58 am

That's an impressive display ya got there,cograts..don't think believe i've seen you post this on our other site[usmilitary]I like the backdrops,I've used the same to cover some beat up tables when displaying..Tom..aka helmetlove&tommyguns435
helmetlove
helmetlove

Back to top Go down

Post  helmetlove Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:04 am

claptonisgod,shame the second photo didnt load,I like the junkier? helmets, lol! I'll take 'em off your hands if they bother u that much.BTW.. how much are the cabinets mentioned?
helmetlove
helmetlove

Back to top Go down

Post  man860 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Looks like you can outfit your own squad of Marines there Mike!

I like how you've got the paratroopers pulling guard duty on the Krauts! Laughing

man860

Back to top Go down

Post  sgtdorango Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks guys!.....Someone has to watch the badguys!!.....maybe Clapton will try to load some more pics of his shelves too, Im interested to see the Deltoff as I have been considering a few myself, they are pretty affordable, i think $50-$70 range, .....mike
sgtdorango
sgtdorango

Back to top Go down

My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Empty When do you say enough?

Post  37thguy Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Mike you have way too many helmets. Don't forget the PO saying, "If it fits, it ships!" I happen to know these will fit in a USPS Priority box. I'll PM you with my address and you can send any of those US helmets. Any at all, I'm not picky! Razz
37thguy
37thguy

http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=808952

Back to top Go down

Post  tweedie Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 pm

another brick in the walls of helmets:
My Helmet display....wall o' helmets 2guwso0

and the Detolf, Detolff? detholf? cabinet:
My Helmet display....wall o' helmets 281wrk5

there are 3 of them on the picture.
Fred

tweedie

Back to top Go down

Post  sgtdorango Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Oh man those are some nice quality helmets!!...I like your style!!...I wouldnt mind seeing some of those tanker helmets in more detail!!.....mike Shocked
sgtdorango
sgtdorango

Back to top Go down

Post  ccmax Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Very nice guys. I must say I also have one bringback German helmet sitting quietly and behaving among his M1 captors.

ccmax

Back to top Go down

Post  tweedie Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:51 am

thanks gentlemen!
will post some pics of what's on the shelves, only "good guys" helmets, not helmets from "the dark side of the force" Very Happy

tweedie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidji67 Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 am

Hi Tweedie,

Your helmets display is really nice, and all lids are very beautiful...so I have a breakheart now.... Embarassed
Tidji67
Tidji67

http://www.liberationlure.fr

Back to top Go down

My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Empty Helmet display

Post  dskjl Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 pm

My son took one look at these displays and told me my man card should be revoked because of our pitiful grouping. I asked him if we should post our display and he told me that he would rather wear a skirt than share our sorry collection. Its tough hangin with you guys, my kid is losing all respect for me. clown
dskjl
dskjl

Back to top Go down

My Helmet display....wall o' helmets Empty .

Post  37thguy Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:22 pm

I have a couple for sale if it would make you two feel more "Manly"!
37thguy
37thguy

http://unitpages.military.com/unitpages/unit.do?id=808952

Back to top Go down

Post  dskjl Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

37thguy wrote:I have a couple for sale if it would make you two feel more "Manly"!

Thanks for the offer to boost my testosterone but I promised sgtdorango I would by my next lid from him.
dskjl
dskjl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down