M1 Helmet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to M1 collecting. MP helmet - genuine?

Go down

New to M1 collecting. MP helmet - genuine? Empty New to M1 collecting. MP helmet - genuine?

Post  mikbex Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 pm

[img][/img][img][/img]
I am new to collecting M1's so my knowledge of the subject is developing at the moment. I picked this helmet up at a militaria fair recently. It is an M1 (I have no idea if his is a US M1 or a European copy. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. It is a rear seam, swivel bale type with a non stainles steel rim. I can find no markings on it. It had been heavily painted with green paint. The helmet is clearly quite old from the corrosion. When I got it home, I noticed the outline of a broad band around the circumferamce underneath the paint. I applied some elbow grease and removed some of the green paint to reveal a white band and the letters MP. The band and letters appear to have been applied professionally, not by an amateur. Could this be a US M1?
Thank you for taking the time to look.
mikbex

https://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/mikbex/

Last edited by mikbex on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding images)

mikbex

Back to top Go down